Thursday, September 24, 2009

Lisa Mackie



"My work is a compilation of picture fragments that I have photographed, drawn, written about and remembered. The images deal with a delicate balance between cognition and process. The source of each large 'circle' of work has been initiated as an investigation of a photographic sequence. Initially, "the sequence" is explored in the form of several related unique books that are both visual and written. Paintings, paper, pieces, text, computer generated images, and sculptures develop from the process of tracing and editing all the materials. Through my own explanation I again uncover more visuals and text. I have found that by tracking the evolution of each image, and by further scrutinizing and honing there is a type of "infinity" that results." - Lisa Mackie

To see more of her series work go to her website.

No comments:

Post a Comment