Monday, March 30, 2009

Brooke Marks-Swanson



"Daily observances of my surroundings influence my work. I create objects related to the fundamentals of form, volume, texture, color and process. The subtleties of midwestern landscapes provide information and inspiration. Aerial views of landscapes provide colors, textures, and compositions amazingly remarkable. I am interested in the beauty of things imperfect, impermanent and incomplete. Conditions make impressions and patinas on objects; the imperfect, variegated textures and forms resulting influence my work. I aspire to portray my interest of mark making through aerial images and environmental observances, resulting in pieces that provide information of the past while speaking of the present." - Brooke Marks-Swanson

To see more of her work go to http://www.metalmarks.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment